Friday, April 18, 2008

Green Hummer?!

Can the two words even co-exist in the same sentence? If you want to spend about $24,000 on your $60,000 Hummer, than yes…they can. A Hummer can and has been converted into a bio-diesel machine, increasing mileage from 10 MPG to 24 MPG. (check out: http://puregreencars.com/index.php?news=155 ) So it can be done but the question is should it be done? You can drive a VW Golf on bio-diesel and break 50 MPG (check out: http://www.biodieselamerica.org/node/2525) 50 MPG?! That blows a measly 24 MPG out of the water! Or should I say out of the left over grease from yesterdays french fries! Hummer, I’m not sorry to say but Doc Brown would not be proud.

2 comments:

Rob said...

This hummer idea makes me think of the two-occupant 4,000 sq. ft. "green" houses. While the best way to curb your consumption is to curb your appetite, most try to asuage their guilt without sacrificing their indulgence.

Anyway, great blogs! Cindy introduced me to your site the other day. I enjoy the topics and the way you write about them. Keep it up!!

Liz said...

Thanks for you comment Rob! Glad you stopped in to check out my blog and yes, I agree. It's a cliche that needs more publicity; less is more.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.